Spiderstu's World


Words and Pictures

So the film is finally finished, all that's left to now is burn it to DVD and hand it in. In all honesty it's hasn't turned out the way I intended it to when I originally had the idea. Some things changed for the better some for the worse, but it's all good for the learning curve I guess. I'll try and make it available to download for those of you who'd like to see it just as soon as I figure out a way to make the file smaller. For some reason when I export 5 minutes of footage from Adobe Premier it comes out at 1.2 Gig! That's way to big for me to host and would take about a year to download.

Now I've been working on my essay which is proving to be a right bitch. I have to choose 2 films both from the same director and talk about auteur theory and contextual influences, and that's the dummed down version! I've chosen "Almost Famous" and "Vanilla Sky" by Cameron crowe. It all comes down to the argument that if one man is the author of a book so must one man be responsible for a film. But others argue that a film is a collaborative work, so one man can not be the author of a film. So I have to look at Cameron Crowe and two of his films prove that he either has or hasn't left enough of an imprint of his persona to called the author of his films. It's really a little to deep for me, I'm not a fan of ripping films to pieces to understand what they truly mean. I just think it defeats the whole idea of film if you have to dissect it to take away anything worthwhile.

Oh well, better get back to it all I guess.

0 Responses to “Words and Pictures”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Spiderstu's World | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.