Spiderstu's World


Parenthood

Why is it that in this day and age, where we always seem to see kidnappings and abductions of children in the news, some people can be so reckless with their children?

I took a stroll down to the newsagents this afternoon to buy some smokes. As I was walking down the road in my own happy little world, I see two kids no older than 2 years on their own in a double pushchair thingamajig.

"surely their parent figure is somewhere in the vicinity" I thought to myself. I carried in to the shop which was next door. When I came out (five minutes later I might add!) they were still there. I sat down on a bench nearby and decided to wait until whom ever might be responsible for these nippers decided to resurface. I wasn't going to lecture her on the responsibilities one takes on as a parent, I just wanted to satisfy my own curiosity.

When she finally came out of a shop it wasn't the shop I thought it would be. I mean if you were going to leave your kids outside while you went into a shop you would at least put them outside the shop you were going in...right?

apparently not, this woman came out of a shop 4 doors away from where she left her kids! There's no way she could have kept an eye on them. In the time I sat there and watched, someone could have easily just strolled out of a shop and wheeled them away as if they were their own...

...Wait a minute...

... Hmmm interesting.


1 Responses to “Parenthood”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Come on, what's the point of stealing the kids?

    It's not like they make good cooking or anything? <g>

    MrFill

    PS I'm not that other Anonymous muppet who keeps on commenting  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Spiderstu's World | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.